Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Start of our Summer Garden


This is what this area looked like when we first started out this spring. The clematis from last year was starting to come back on the right hand side and I had rearranged my deck to make it look more homey and more comfortable.

This is the front flower bed that I have been working on trying to get full of perrenials for the last couple of years. There are a few things in there that keep coming back year after year and have basically come with the house. There are a few things that I have added that have come back and a few that didn't come back at all.

This is my little flower bed that is in the front of the house in my lawn. We built this a few years ago and this is the one area where I have not added any perrenials, I keep on doing annuals in this bed.

This is the new look for the end of our deck. We were going to do bricks to build up the flower bed but decided to go with rocks from the farm. What the heck, they were free and it gives it a great look. We ripped out all of the clematis and moved the trellis back several feet. We put the blocks in and then put red bark down. This is now my 'zen' area and I have sat out there on several evenings just enjoying the peace and quiet.

This is the same thing from the other side. There are still a few things we need to do. Get rid of the empty flower pots, put up my lights on the trellis and at some point probably buy a fish or two to put in the new pond. On the end of the trellis closest to the fence is a stain glassed bird feeder that the birds are already using. I am hoping that some of the flower will attract butterflies and maybe even a hummingbird or two. I have never seen a hummingbird and I would really like to.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...



Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!