Friday, June 15, 2007

Plant pictures

My Lamb's Ear. I know there is a Latin word for it but I cannot remember what it is called. I didn't know this would get little yellow flowers on it and am quite impressed that it did.
I have thought all along that this was Columbine but it is not and I don't remember what it really is.
My Hosta. Every year it gets bigger. One year I am sure it will get the flowers that it is supposed to get.
I lost the tag for this so I have no idea what it is except that it is a perrenial. There are buds on it so it is going to hopefully flower soon.

My Japanese Bluebells. This also has buds on it so it will flower at some point too.
Last night when I got home from work, Cor was already home and had the firpit going so that the kids could roast hotdogs for their supper. Cor had bought a brand new cast iron frying pan for the bbq and after baking it, then oiling it and then baking it again, he has been using it almost daily on the bbq. He loves to cook cut up potatoes in it and I have to admit, they are tasty. So while the kids ate hotdogs, he made us pork chops with potatoes and salad. I love a husband who can cook.
This weekend he has to work, but on Saturday night, we are going to a friends house for a surprise birthday party and then Sunday being Father's Day, it is our annual family get together which used to be at Pike Lake. Now we have it at my parents house as it is too cumbersome to get everything needed to the lake. It should be fun

No comments: